Wednesday, March 3, 2010
New Dates and Location for Monthly Meetings
First Presbyterian Church in Haddonfield, (20 Kings Highway East, Haddonfield, New Jersey 08033) in the Hospitality Center
Third Monday of each month. The next meeting will be March 15.
The time is still 7:30 pm.
The church is on Kings Highway with the Masonic Temple on the right and the manse and former bank on the left, near the corner of Chestnut Street and Kings Highway. Ample parking is in the back accessible from Chestnut Street. The only entrance to the church is a door on the Masonic Temple side. There is no parking allowed in the parking lot across from this door, because it is used and owned by the Masons.
To get to the Hospitality Center, when you enter the side door, either take the steps down to the basement or take the elevator to "B". Turn right and walk straight to the back. There is a little red carpet in front of the door. The Hospitality Center is on the left.
The church has been very welcoming, and they are pleased that a town organization can use their facility. Please join us on March 15 for our "housewarming" meeting!
La Leche League Philosophy
· Mothering through breastfeeding is the most natural and effective way of understanding and satisfying the needs of the baby.
· Mother and baby need to be together early and often to establish a satisfying relationship and an adequate milk supply.
· In the early years the baby has an intense need to be with his mother, which is as basic as his need for food.
· Breast milk is the superior infant food.
· For the healthy, full-term baby, breast milk is the only food necessary until the baby shows signs of needing solids, about the middle of the first year after birth.
· Ideally the breastfeeding relationship will continue until the baby outgrows the need.
· Alert and active participation by the mother in childbirth is a help in getting breastfeeding off to a good start.
· Breastfeeding is enhanced and the nursing couple sustained by the loving support, help, and companionship of the baby's father. A father's unique relationship with his baby is an important element in the child's development from early infancy.
· Good nutrition means eating a well-balanced and varied diet of foods in as close to their natural state as possible.
· From infancy on, children need loving guidance which reflects acceptance of their capabilities and sensitivity to their feelings.
La Leche League Membership
Both La Leche League International and our local Haddonfield group depend on your support to continue providing the services you depend upon. Your membership helps cover the costs of mailing meeting notices, updating and maintaining the library, and other organizational expenses. If you have been helped by the practical and emotional support of our group, please consider becoming a member. Dues are $40 annually. For more information about membership, please call Peggy Stedman at 795-2092.